Recorded Jan 18, 2013, in Mill Valley, CA, this is Part 3 of a conversation between me and Futurist Dr. James Canton. This video is part of the new MeetingsOfTheMind.tv series (launching soon). Topics discussed include general sustainability trends and predictions, ‘green future’ opportunities, the future of capitalism and ‘growth & profit economics’, accountability and social innovation, renewable energy, Jeremy Rifkin’s Intergrid, and much more. Apologies for the low audio output, btw; try the MP3 version via the link below for better sound.
Today’s webinar on The Future of Media was a really fun event. We reveived many great questions from the audience (roughly 50 people were online), and had some very much ad-hoc and real-time interactions using the pretty cool GoToMeeting tools (even thought we would have liked a live video feed that feature is almost always very problematic and instabil)
You can download the MP3 file (iPhone, iTunes etc) with the entire conversation here. Gerd’s PDF is available for download here (20 MB high res), and Ross’s PDF is here. Both are provided under creative commons attribution non-commercial license, as usual.
Here is the complete video:
Find out more about Ross Dawson:
Find out more about Gerd Leonhard
- The journey from egosystem to ecosystem - Gerd Leonhard (by… (futureof.biz)
- Free webinar July 19 on the Future of Media - Mobile, Social, Cloud… and Paid? with Ross Dawson and Gerd Leonhard (rossdawsonblog.com)
- (via Amazon.com: The Future of Content eBook: Gerd Leonhard:… (futureof.biz)
- Conversations about the Future: Gerd Leonhard & Ross Dawson:… (thefuturesagency.com)
- Watch this: Personal Branding in the Digital Age: Futurist, Author and Keynote Speake Gerd Leonhard (futuristgerd.com)
- Futurist Gerd Leonhard: why Friction is Fiction, the future of… (futureof.biz)